Date: Saturday 1st March 2014
Only open to full MIAs and MICs
This workshop would be ideal for people who work in a water environment and want to hone their skills, or people who have little experience working with clients in a moving water environment.
It will count as 1 CPD point.
- Looking at kit (personal and group)
- Rescue kit
- Accessing Local knowledge
- Venue selection
- Group size
- Group control
- Jumps, slides, lowers, climbs, spotting, sumps and abseils
Venue will be weather dependent but may include: Stonycroft Gill, Hause Gill, Sour milk Gill, Church beck or Shepherd’s Crag.
The Cost is £44. Book for more details,
This workshop is running but still has places
The maximum ratio will be 1:8 and it will be first come first served.
Kit needed by participants :
- Harness and belay devise (figure of 8 descender or Petzl pirana)
- Cow tails with carabineers
- River Knife
- Swimming costume
- Wetsuit (winter steamer) or dry suit
- Old waterproofs
- Warm clothes
- Neoprene hat
- Neoprene socks
- Neoprene gloves
- Buoyancy aid